Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Blog 8: Independent Component 1 Proposal

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.

My IC 1 will be directing the Musical Theater submission for Fullerton Festival this year. I will pick the Musical we are doing, including the songs we will be preforming. I will hold auditions and cast the play. Once everything is set I plan on holding rehearsals twice a week for 1 hr to 1hr 30 min each. The final product will preforming at fullerton college. We hope to place with year. If we don't it will still be ok, we go to Fullerton to showcase our talents and if we are recognized by judges that would be amazing.  

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
I can make a video log of auditions and rehearsals and of course the final show. We will be performing the show at Ipoly during our Fullerton Pre-show that we do every year.  

3.  Explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
I have always been in shows but I have never directed the WHOLE show. What I hope to gain from this component is a larger understanding of the art of theater. My project as a whole is on all performing arts but in my research I am looking into depth on each type and this would be broadening my knowledge on the subject of theater and MORE specifically musical theater so i will also be musically directing this show combining the two arts.  

4.  Update your Senior Project Hours log.

No comments:

Post a Comment