Monday, October 26, 2015

Blog 9: Advisory Prep 3

1. State whether or not you currently have a mentor, and what the status of your interview is with that person (I have completed the interview, I have scheduled the interview, I have not scheduled the interview, etc).
Yes I have a mentor and I have already completed my interview with him. I am in the process of transcribing said interview.

2. At this point, your research is probably guiding your studies toward more specific areas within your topic.  Name the area or two you find most promising and explain your reasons. 

I want to study how culture effect performing arts and so far the biggest aspects that have had the biggest impact are religion and history. With religion come a lot of the core beliefs and morals of a culture and with this the morals of the stories their performances have. Most genres of performance are based off of their folklore which is where the history part comes in. The industrial revolution effected many things and performance art is among them. I want to learn more about how different societies levels of "modernization" has shaped their art forms.

3. What kinds of sources do you think will help you in the next month to gain more research depth?  Where will you go to get them?

The books I got from the library have definitely helped me in narrowing my subject matter and I plan on finishing them. I have  barley scratched the surface of what I want to study and there are a number of books on my list that I haven't checked out yet that i know will help me.
 
4. Write down a possible EQ.  Please don't worry about wording other than ensuring that it provides the option for multiple correct answers.  At this point, the senior team is most interested in understanding your thought process.

What aspects of a cultures views and beliefs shape their performance art? How is each cultures performance art different and similar so others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment