Thursday, April 21, 2016

Blog 22: Independent Component 2

A) I, Jordan Partida, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 1/2 hours of work.

B) In my interview with Linda Bicessi she told me that directing can help an actor understand the entire theater process and how everything needs to happen. An actor should understand all aspects of theater. 

D) For my Independent Component two I have written my own play which I am now directing. Jenelle Huck is my stage manager. My actors are:
Chelsie Alcaraz (9)
Ali Asad (9)
Katie Lopez(12)
Christian Lopez (10)
Noah Swiatek (11)
Step Q (10)
Brooke Cooper (12)
Lizzy Chavez (11)
Maireen (10)
Manuel Arias (11)
I wrote a script based on the 5 stages of grief. The play is called The 5 Stages. there are 5 scenes each with two actors on a park bench. In each scene one or both characters are experiencing one of the five stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. I plan on showing the show in Mid May. Any one is invited to come see it. It will take place on the stage in the MPR (duh right, wrong.) They reason i say on the stage is because the audience will be on the stage with the actors in what is called a "black box." 
A link to the script is HERE.

E) I felt that directing a show might help me understand, as an actor, what is expected of me from my director. After directing Annie I wanted to try something more stationary. There is not singing in this show only acting. I want to pull the real emotion out of my actors and get them to the place where the audience feels what they feel. This is relevant because that's what I want to do as an actor. I want my audience to feel what I am feeling. 

F) My EQ asks how a thespian can provide a believable performance and my answer two is by utilizing the skills of a director. The director has an interesting perspective of the show because s/he is not only a part of the process but is also a continuous audience member. They know what the audience will react to. The actor is on stage trying things out saying their lines in different ways and the director chooses which one the audience will react to the best. The actor. director relationship is very important and if and actor learns to speak director than their communication will be a lot smoother. 


No comments:

Post a Comment