Saturday, September 19, 2015

Blog 5: Interview 1 Reflection

1. What is the most important thing I learned from the interview?  Is there anything I would do differently for other interviews?
I asked my mentor if I could interview him and he agreed only I procrastinated setting a date to meet with him. If I contacted him the weekend before it was due and I found out he was out of the country for the rest of the month. I gave him my interview questions and he is going to answer them for me this coming week. If I had tried to set a date earlier I would have know he wasn't going to be available and I could have found another person in time but because I was only concerned with my schedule that and not his I didn't give myself enough time to find a fallback. I should also have had a fallback in the beginning. I will still have an Interview 1 but it will be one week late and I wont have a recording because my mentor will be sending me his responses via email from Canada. This whole thing was a huge stressful wake up call and I wont let it happen again.
2. Did I get additional resources and contacts?  What is the most useful?  Why?


3. What makes my interviewee qualified to help me? 
My mentor works in the theater department at Pomona College so he knows a lot about all aspects of theater. He has been to many countries traveling with  theater/ imporv so he has had first hand experience with many cultures and that is what I want to pick his brain for. I want to know how other countries view performing arts and what options their country has. He has had experience with dance and music as well so if is very familiar with many genres of performing arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment